Casio Gold Retro Unisex Digital Alarm Watch - A168WG-9
Straight from the Casio Vintage Collection comes a timepiece that never goes out of style. The A168WG-9 combines style with features Casio is known for such as an EL backlight and a 1/100th second stopwatch. This timepiece is the perfect complement to any outfit.
- Illuminator: An electro-luminescent panel causes the entire face to glow for easy reading.
- Stopwatch function - 1/100 sec. - 1 hour: Elapsed time, split time and final time are measured with 1/100-sec accuracy. The watch can measure times of up to 1 hour.
- Daily alarm: The daily alarm reminds you of events that recur every day, by emitting an audible signal at the set time.
- Automatic calendar with Date, Day and Month: Once set, the automatic calendar always displays the correct date.
- 12/24-hour timekeeping: Times can be displayed in either a 12-hour or 24-hour format.
- Acryl Glass
- Resin case
- Stainless steel band: Tough, durable and elegant: The stainless steel wrist strap gives your watch that classic feel.
- Adjustable fastening: The clasp can be individually adjusted extremely easily for maximum comfort.
- 7 Years - 1 Battery: The battery supplies the watch with sufficient energy for approx. seven years.
- Water resistance classification (WR) to ISO 22810: This model is water resistant to DIN 8310 / ISO 22810, and thus is resistant to minor splashing. Any greater water contact should be avoided.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 38,60mm x 36,30mm x 9,60mm
- Weight: approx. 51,00 g
What is Water Resistance?
Every watch is designed differently and the individual design of each watch determines how resistant to water pressure that watch is. You should always check the water resistance measure of a watch before using it, so you can decide when to wear it and when to take it off.
What is the ATM?
The ATM of a watch is short for Atmospheres and is a measure of the level of water pressure a watch is designed to withhold. A higher ATM means that a watch can withhold more water pressure, whilst a lower ATM mean that it was designed to withstand less pressure.
Metres: A Common Misconception
The ATM or water resistance of a watch can also be expressed as a number of metres, such as 10 metres. This does not mean that a watch can be taken 10 metres below sea level - although that is a common misconception. It is simply the number of times the pressure at sea level a watch can withstand without letting water in. For example, a watch with an ATM of 1 can withstand 10m of pressure, whilst a watch with an ATM of 5 can withstand 50m of pressure.
Using Your Watch in Water
The ATM of your watch will allow you to determine how and where you can use your watch. The ATM is usually engraved on the case-back of every watch. If you're having trouble finding it you may need to visit the watch manufacturer's website or contact them directly. You can use the chart below to guide you on using your watch in water. For example, if your watch has an ATM of 5, you can safely use it when you're washing hands and if it's raining outside, but you should not take it swimming or diving.
Swimming With Your Watch
The Watch Factory recommends purchasing a watch of at least 20ATM if you wish to wear your watch whilst swimming. Wearing a watch with a lower ATM whilst swimming may not always damage the watch, however we urge on the side of caution due to the delicate nature of watches.
Water Getting Into Your Watch
The internal mechanisms that keep your watch ticking are protected from water by the case, crown and seals that prevent water from getting in. Damage to any of these parts of your watch may void your watch's water resistance and cause moisture to get in. A common issue is when the crown has come loose and the seal has been damaged, which allows moisture to get in. If you believe that there is any damage to your watch, it is best to get it assessed by a watch maker who can check the water resistance is intact.
30 DAY RETURNS
Not what you expected! No worries! Send it back within 30 days for a refund or exchange.
Refund or Exchange
We accept change of mind returns within 30 days for either a refund or exchange to a different watch.
Returning your item is as easy as submitting your return via our Returns Centre and sending it back to us!
We accept returns that are:
- Returned to us within 30 days of delivery
- Not worn, damaged, altered or used in any way
- Returned with the original watch's undamaged packaging
View our full Returns Policy.
Original postage and gift-wrapping fees are non-refundable.